- Practicing lawyer since 1979.
- Legal Advisor of the University of Valladolid since 1988.
- Independent board member of the multi-national company, listed on the stock exchange, PAPELES Y CARTONES DE EUROPA S.A., since 1998.
- Director of the Legal Department of Professional Association of Property and Mercantile Registrars of Spain from 2009 to the present time.
- Member of the Editorial Board of the Magazine Abogados of the General Council of Spanish Advocacy from 2010.
- Patron of the European Legal Colloquial Foundation from 2010 until the present time.
- Of counsel at MAIO Legal.
- Member of the Governing Board of the Professional Association of Lawyers of Valladolid 1997-2000.
- Director of the Editorial Board of Lex Nova S.A. during 2001.
- Elected Member of the Royal Academy of Legislation and Case Law of Valladolid, 2001.
- Attorney for the Association of Property and Mercantile Registrars of Spain between 2003-2009.
- Member of the Editorial Board of the Annual Volume of Bankruptcy Law in 2008.
- Member of the Editorial Committee of the Critical Magazine of Real Estate Law, 2008.
- Extraordinary Graduation Prize in 1975.
- Doctorate in Law. “Excellent, Summa cum Laude”, 1984.
- Post-Graduate Studies (Family Law) in Poitiers (1984-86).
- Post-Graduate Studies in Salerno (Erasmus Program).
- Department Head of Civil Law at the Law School of Burgos 1990.
- Department Head of Civil Law of the University of Valladolid, 1991.
- Author of numerous papers.
- Author of periodical publications.
- Author of more than 30 doctrinal articles in specialized magazines.
- Director of various courses and research projects as well as numerous doctoral theses.