Ramon practice combines a strong background in Criminal and Administrative law areas.
He has extensive experience in providing advice to public sector entities, private enterprises and individual on all aspects relating to the different sectors of administrative activity (at state, autonomous community and local level).
- Law Degree from the University of León.
- Spanish, Galician and English.
A practicing lawyer since 1997. Founding partner of MAIO.
- Director at KPMG Abogados.
- Managing Director of the Tax Department of Castro, Sueiro & Varela.
- Likewise, he worked in the tax-legal advisory department of Telefónica de España, S.A. and was partner at Cremades & Calvo-Sotelo where he also directed the Tax Law Department.
- Law Degree from the Universidad Autónoma de Madrid. Member of the Bar Association of Madrid.
- Master’s Degree in Tax Law from the Universidad San Pablo CEU, where he was the valedictorian of his graduating class.
- Ignacio Arráez is member of the Spanish Association of Tax Advisors (AEDAF) where he manages the Cabinet of Studies of the Madrid Delegation. Moreover, he is a member of the Section on Rights and Guarantees of Taxpayers of said association.
- He is a Tax Law Professor at the Business School of the Universidad San Pablo CEU.
- He is the co-author of three books on tax matters:
- Global E-Bussiness Law & Taxation – edited by OXFORD University.
- Sociedades Profesionales (Professional Entities)– edited by LA LEY and sponsored by Iberdrola.
- VII Congreso Tributario – edited by the AEDAF.
- Regularly publishes articles on current tax matters in the economic and specialized press.
- A regular conference speaker on tax matters.
- He is member of the Board of Directors of various companies, among which is PRIM S.A., a listed company.
- A lawyer highlighted in the directory CHAMBERS & PARTNERS.
- A lawyer highlighted in the directory BEST LAWYERS.
- Best Tax Lawyer of 2013, in the British publication ACQ.
- The tax department of Castro Sueiro & Varela, which he directed, was considered, both by the publication Tax Directors Handbook as well as by LEGAL 500 US Edition, as the benchmark firm in the Spanish tax area and was awarded the distinction of the“Corporate Tax Law Firm of 2010” by the British magazine, ACQ.
Partner, responsible for the area of commercial law, president of Globalaw; secretary of the board of various listed companies; legal advisor for the Italian Chamber of Commerce for Spain, member of the Expert Committee of Faraday Venture Partners.
His practice includes mergers and acquisitions, often with transnational implications, advising companies on setting up offices in Spain, advising on the development of important industrial projects with foreign capital, secretary of the boards of directors of various companies, among which are various listed companies, advising two renown international banks in their operations in Spain both on their business sides as well as “regulatory compliance”, advising on various investment services companies and other companies subject to the supervision of the CNMV.
Has practiced law since 2000:
- Legal advisor for Banca Commerciale Italiana (2000).
- Partner at Castro Sueiro & Varela.
- Director of the KPMG commercial law department of KPMG (2011), prior to founding MAIO.
- Law Degree from the Universidad de Bolonia.
- Recognition of the law degree by the Universidad de Valladolid.
- Practicing lawyer registered with the ICAM.
- Italian, Spanish and English.
An active lawyer since 1992 , before working in MAIO LEGAL, he has worked in the tax department of J&B CREMADES, later in COOPERS & LYBRAND ( today Landwell / PWC), in addition to being the Director in Galicia of EY ABOGADOS (before ERNST & YOUNG).
Javier is specialiced in tax law. He is member of the Law Society and the Spanish Association of Tax Advisors (AEDAF). He belongs to the Institutional Advisory Council of AEDAF, as Coordinator of its Corporate Tax Section.
- Law Degree from the University of Salamanca.
- Master in Tax Law (MAF) of the Instituto de Empresa.
- Spanish, English and Galician.
- Member of several teachers cloisters, like Specialization Course in Tax Law from the University of Santiago de Compostela, Master of Law from the University of Vigo, Master in Bussiness Law from the University of La Coruña, Master in Business Law Counseling ( IFFE / La Coruña) , and Master in Fiscal and Taxation (Economists Association of La Coruña).
- Participant in the development of collective books of AEDAF.
- Author of articles about current fiscal in Notarie of XXI Century ( Notary Association of Madrid) , €uro ( economic supplement of La Region and Atlántico Diario ), blog “Espacio Tributario” ( http://fiscal.blogsiga.net/ ) and “Boletín” ( Association of Economists of Pontevedra).
- Regular speaker at tax seminars and conferences.
- Author of doctrinal articles in professional publications.
Ramon has extensive experience in civil and corporate proceedings.
His practice focuses on Mergers & Acquisitions, and also provides advice on insolvency matters, participating as legal counsel in major insolvency proceedings, particularly in matters related to transportation areas.
- Law Degree from the University of Navarra.
- Spanish, Galician and English.
An active Lawyer since 1998, specialized in European Law, Real Estate and Spanish insolvency proceedings. He has been the General Counsel of MARTINSA-FADESA S.A., a public real estate company listed on the Madrid Stock exchange market, well-known for having successfully led the biggest Spanish bankruptcy procedure in History. He was awarded the Naval Cross of Merit Medal during his military service.
- Law Degree from the Universidad Complutense and in European Law from the CEU San Pablo.
- LLM in European Law by the Institut d’Études Européennes de L’Université Libre de Bruxelles, awarded with the Grande Distinction.
- Spanish, French and English.
Managing Partner of MAIO Martínez Escribano, Alfonso Martínez Escribano has been expanding his professional career since 1980 when he began practicing law. Prior to founding the MAIO Martínez Escribano office, he was a partner in the Labor Department of J&A Garrigues, S.L.P from 2006 until 2012.
He specializes in Labor Law and Social Security, basically on strategic aspects in the legal areas of employment and human resources. Likewise, he is an expert on Criminal Procedural Law, Administrative and Constitutional Law.
Alfonso Martínez Escribano has been included in various prestigious legal directories such as BEST LAWYERS and CHAMBERS & PARTNERS, which rank him as a leading lawyer in the legal profession in Spain.
- Started legal practice (1980) and Judge of Court of First Instance (1981-1982).
- Labor Judge in Huelva and Seville (1983-1985).
- Lawyer admitted to practice before the Constitutional Court (1986-1988).
- Labor Judge and Chief Justice Seville (1989-1991).
- Head of the Technical Cabinet of the Presidency of the Constitutional Court (1992-1995).
- Magistrate of the Superior Tribunal of Justice of Andalusia, in the Labor Division of Seville (1995-2004) and in the Contentious-Administrative Division of Seville (2004-2005)
- Partner at J&A Garrigues, S.L.P. (2006-2012).
- Legal Advisor of the Professional Association of Judges.
- Law Degree. University of Seville (1979).
- Collaborating Professor (1983-1985) and associate (1989-1992) of Labor Law and Social Security of the School of Law of the University of Seville.
- Director of the Master’s Program in Human Resources Management and the Expert Course in Human Resources Management of the Cajasol Institute of Studies from 2006.
- Founding Member and President (1997-90) of the European Association of Labor Judges, Advisory Member of the Management Board (2001-2001) of the Spanish Association of Labor Law, Member of the National Association of Labor Lawyers, Member of the Spanish Forum of Labor Lawyers, Member of the Association for the Management Progress. Publications:
Business liability in occupational accidents (Madrid, 1987).
Ordinary Judicial Protection (Madrid, 1994).
Consequences of a Dismissal (Madrid, 1997).
Complementary Labor Outlook (Madrid, 2001).
Human Resource Practicum (Thomson Reuters Aranzadi, Madrid, 2014).
- Numerous seminars and conferences on the subjects of his expertise.
- Co-decorated with the Cross of Honor of Raimundo de Peñafort, awarded by the Ministry of Justice.
- Included in various directories such as the BEST LAWYERS directory (from 2011, having been recognized as the best labor lawyer in 2013 in Andalusia and in 2015 as the best labor lawyer in Seville) and CHAMBERS & PARTNERS directory, as one of the leading experts in Labor Law.
He was placed in charge of the area of private law at MAIO Martínez Escribano, after having gained experience and knowledge in the firm, J&A Garrigues, S.L.P and subsequently in Abengoa, S.A., one of the leading companies in the energy sector and the environment. A lawyer specialized in commercial, civil and corporate matters and with broad experience in the development of projects in the national and international areas.
- J&A Garrigues, S.L.P. (2006-2012, Madrid).
- International Legal Advisor at Abengoa Solar, S.A. (2012, Madrid).
- Corporate Legal Advisor in Abengoa S.A. (2013).
- Law Degree. University of Seville (2005).
- European Higher Legal Studies and visiting student LLM Program. University of Leicester, United Kingdom (2005).
- Master’s Degree in Business Law. Garrigues Center of Studies (2006).
- Doctorate in the Department of Commercial Law of the University of Seville.
- Professor for the Executive MBA Program of the University of Seville.
- Coordinator of the work: Practicum Recursos Humanos (Thomson Reuters Aranzadi, Madrid, 2014).
- Seminars and conferences in Corporate Law and Corporate Governance.
Partner responsible for the area of Public Law at MAIO Martínez Escribano, which he joined after having gained experience and skills at Deloitte, S.L. from 2008-2010.
Specialized in Tax Law and Accounting Law, he is a member of the Spanish Association of Tax Advisors (AEDAF in Spanish).
- Law Degree. University of Pablo de Olavide of Seville (2006).
- Degree in Business Administration and Management. University of Pablo de Olavide of Seville (2006).
- Master’s Degree in Tax Consultancy from the Cajasol Institute of Studies. (2011).
- Business Exchange Program. Hogeschool-Universiteit Brussels (Brussels, Belgium) (2006-2007).
- Spanish, English and France.
- Professor in the Executive MBA Program of the University of Seville.
- Co-Author of the work Practicum Recursos Humanos (Thomson Reuters Aranzadi, Madrid 2014).
- Member of the Pont and Lancuentra Foundation, dedicated to giving seminars on tax law at the University of Barcelona.
His professional career has been as a legal counsel in the Law Service of the Social Security General Treasury of San Sebastián and Pontevedra (located in Vigo), being the Chief Counselor of the referred institution in Pontevedra.
Additonally, he was the Head of the labour department in Garrigues Abogados.
In academic terms, he developed his career in the Universidad de Vigo from 2001 to 2006, being an associate professor in Public Law, a professor in Procedural Law, a contributor of the Social Securiry and Labour Lagal Department, and professor of the specialized course in Social Security. He has also been professor of the Legal Affairs Master in Caixanova´s business school.
- Law Degree from U.N.E.D (Madrid).
- Public official in The Corps of Lawyers of the Social Security Administration (leave of absence status).
- Doctoral courses in Public Law from Universidad del País Vasco (San Sebastián).
- Personal Coaching degree from the European Coaching School.
- Spanish, Galician and English.