Partner responsible for Infrastructure area; member of the initiatives of Global Law Mine Network and Green Tech Energy; member of the trust of various foundations.
His practice includes definition of management models, financing and refinancing operations for infrastructure projects, mergers and acquisitions; advising on public bidding processes, claims for modifications of contracts, damages, rebalancing, sector regulation in relation with infrastructure projects, including ports, airports, highways, railways, services (water, cleaning) and public installations (hospitals, theaters); energy including upstream and downstream gas,. petroleum and electricity; mining in national and international operations. (Canada, Mexico, Panama, the United Kingdom, France, Poland, etc.).
- Director of Public Law Department at KPMG (2011).
- Partner Department of Infrastructures at Castro Sueiro & Varela (2009 – 2011).
- Associate Department of Infrastructures at Salans (currently Dentons) (until 2009).
- A law degree from the University of Navarra.
- Practicing lawyer registered with the ICAM.
- Studies in Civil Law, Mortgage Law at the Center of Mortgage Studies of Basque Country.
His professional practice revolves around the areas of corporate law, infrastructure and real estate projects. He has participated as a legal advisor at the Confederation of Industrial Chambers (CONCAMIN) in the areas of arbitration and transport chambers as well as at various working meetings of an international nature on treaties proposed by the International Labor Organization (OIT) and of which Mexico is a member.
In addition, he has participated in the production and negotiation of public and private trusts as well as all types of contracts related to the cinema industry and civil and mercantile contracts, incorporation and liquidation of companies and legal audits.
He has a law degree from the Universidad Panamericana where he took various courses on legal negotiation as well as on the law of acquisitions, leasing and public sector services.
- Law Degree from the Universidad Panamericana.
He has developed his professional practice in the area of Individual and Collective Labor Law. He has collaborated in the design of labor structures and strategies in operations of sale purchase, merger, spin-off, liquidation and joint ventures of national and foreign companies. For more than 16 years, he has engaged in company advisory services in various productive and service sectors in individual and collective litigation. Likewise, he has intervened in negotiations of various collective labor contracts.
He has a law degree from the Iberoamericana Universidad and is specialized in Labor Law by the Universidad Panamericana. He is a member of the Mexican Bar Association and professor in the Labor Law Chair at the Universidad Iberoamericana. He is fluent in English and Spanish.
- Law Degree from the Universidad Iberoamericana.
- Specialized in Labor Law at Universidad Panamericana.
- Member of the Mexican Bar Association.
- Professor of the Labor Law Chair in the Universidad Iberoamericana.
His practice focuses on corporate law and assisting clients on matters related to mergers, spin-offs, reorganizations, and commercial contracts in national operations such as reorganizational operations, foreign investment and economic competition.
Before join MAIO he has successfully participated in the Corporate Areas of various firms primarily in the City of Mexico:
- Santamarina and Steta S.C.
- Gamboa and Aguilar S.C.
- Pricewaterhouse Coopers S.C.
Likewise, has broad business experience, having successfully served as the Legal Corporate Manager of the CIE Group and the Legal Director of Corporate Finances of the Elektra Group.
- Law degree from the Universidad of the Americas A.C. (2000).
- Teacher of State theory and Corporate law at the Latin American University in the City of Mexico.
- Participation in many diferents seminars: Quality in Service, given by the Secretariat of Auditing and Administrative Development; The legal consideration of health law in Mexico, given by the Universidad de las Americas A.C.; and Commercial Exchange in North America, American Chamber of Commerce.
- In 2008, his biography was published in the prestigious book Marquis Who´s Who in the World due to his successful career in the legal and business environments in Mexico.
His professional practice revolves around the areas of administrative, corporate, energy and finance. For more than 20 years he has participated in various transactions related to public offers and private placements of equity and debt instruments of Spanish companies. He has structured acquisitions, associations and co-participations, including negotiations with major international companies. He has collaborated in the restructuring of corporate groups and in the restructuring and administration of loans as well as the privatization of companies and public bidding processes. He currently represents various international companies in the negotiation and structuring of various investments in Mexico. Previously, he was a partner of Santamarina and Steta where he collaborated for more than 14 years before founding the MAIO Sterling firm.
- A Law Degree from the Panamericana University.
- Specialized in various matters at the Panamericana University and in the Free School of Law.
- A Graduate of the AD Program of the Panamericana Institute of Senior Management of Companies (IPADE).
- Currently, he is studying for a Philosophy Degree at the Panamericana University.
- Member of the Mexican Bar Association.
- Member of the American Bar Association.
- Member of the International Bar Association.
- Member of the Mexican Institute of Financial Executives (IMEF).
- Professor of financial law and the prevention of Money laundering at the National Institute of Penal Sciences (INACIP) and the National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM).
An active lawyer since 1994, he was a senior associate in DLA Piper, a partner to CASTRO SUEIRO & VARELA and Director of Litigation in KPMG LEGAL before founding, along with three other partners, his own firm, MAIO LEGAL.
- Law Degree from the University of Cadiz.
- LLM Maritime Law from the Universidad Pontificia de Comillas (ICAI-ICADE).
- COMME Maritime Commissioner (Official College Spanish Merchant Navy).
- Graduated in international business relations at Harvard Business School (Boston, Massachussets).
- Best Thesis Award Masters in Maritime Law from the Universidad Pontificia de Comillas (ICAI-ICADE).
- Lecturer in Shipping Law at the Universidad Pontificia de Comillas (ICAI-ICADE).
- Lecturer in Maritime Law at the European Institute of Maritime Studies in Gijón.
- Visitor lecturer at Mendoza University (Argentina).